Objectives and Scopes:
The objective of this Working Commission are:
• to provide an ongoing research focus and promote international collaboration for the development of a sound technical basis for fire safety engineering (FES) methods
• to promote fire safety engineering methods and their use with performance based codes
• to provide fire safety technology input to the other CIB Commissions as appropriate
• to exchange fire safety engineering outputs internationally, including the standards community.
To meet those objectives W014:
• launches projects with well-defined scopes and limited time schedules
• publishes the output of its work as CIB Publications, in international journals and workshop or conference proceedings
• provides a forum for networking among its members
• organizes workshops with topics in the context of the work program
• initiates the CIB co-sponsorship of conferences that serve the purpose of the commission
• facilitates its members to circulate information on ongoing and completed research projects and research publications
• liaises with organizations that have similar interests.
Current Work Programme:
For the medium future the commission's Work Program includes the following projects / Working Groups:
• WG1 - Design Fires. Task: to review fuel loads and approaches used for design fires development from different studies and statistical data on ignition sources.
• WG2 - Fire Performance of Materials. Task: to review existing data on thermal and mechanical properties of building materials. Information Contact: Dr Steven Craft, Canada
• WG3 - Structural Performance in Fires - Connections. Task: review of existing work on connections.
• WG4 - Structural Performance in Fire - Fire induced progressive Collapse. Task: review of existing work in fire induced progressive collapse. Information Contact: Niall Walsh
• WG5 - Performance Criteria for Performance Based Fire Safety Design. Task: review of performance criteria used in different countries. Information Contact: Dr Noureddine Benichou, NRC, Canada
• WG1 Publication of a report on the State-of-the-Art of design fires
• WG2 Publication of a report on Thermal and mechanical properties of building materials
• WG3 report on Research and knowledge gabs on the structural performances of Connections in Fire
• WG4 discussion paper on structural performance in fire and fire induced progressive collapse
• WG5 Publication of a report on Performance criteria for performance based fire safety design
• 2019: Publication of a Research Roadmap on Fire Safety
CIB W014 aims to cooperate with:
. FORUM for International Cooperation in Fire
. NFPA - National Fire Protection Agency
. SFPE - Society for Fire Protection Engineers
. IRCC - Inter-jurisdictional Regulatory Collaboration Committee
. ASTM E5
The Commission has a relationship with the CIB Encouraged Journal "Fire Protection and Engineering"
Members of this Working Commission are Appointed Representatives of CIB Member Organisations and Individual CIB Members.
|Edit date: 24-04-2018|