Heat and Moisture Transfer in Buildings
Objectives and Scopes:
The Commission's objectives are:
• to explore the phenomena of heat, moisture, air and salts transfer in buildings, components and materials
• to formulate laws governing the physics involved
• to define, measure and discuss the hygrothermal properties of materials and building components
• to explore the ventilation and hygrothermal behavior of buildings
• to apply the acquired knowledge to the design, execution and maintenance of buildings
• to transfer research information to practice
Current Work Programme:
There will be annual Commission Meetings in support of information dissemination. Each such meeting will result in a meeting report.
• 2018: Publication of a Research Roadmap on Heat and Moisture Transfer in Buildings
W040 has established Liaisons with:
• IEA - International Energy Agency
• ISO/TC 163/SC 2 - Thermal Insulation and Calculation Methods.
CIB W040 encourages the Journal of Building Physics
Members of this Working Commission have to be either a Representative of a CIB Member Organisation or an Individual CIB Member.
The Membership of persons who do not particpate at two successive Commission Meetings will in principle be terminated.
|Edit date: 23-02-2017|