Organisation and Management of Construction
Objectives and Scopes:
The Objectives of the Commission are:
• to be the leading research and innovation focus for the organisation and management of construction
• to support the creation of construction practices and outcomes that equate to or exceed the best found in other industries, in terms of imagination, energy, effectiveness and efficiency
• to stimulate, facilitate and communicate research and innovation, stressing the integration essential for successful innovation in a complex environment
The Scope of W065 covers all aspects of the organisation and management of construction. In particular the following broad themes will pervade many of its activities: Projects, Companies, Policy and Processes.
Current Work Programme:
The Commission has established the following Project:
• In-depth analysis of earlier proceedings of W065. Information contact: Prof David Langford.
The following CIB Task Groups have been set up through W065 that operate in close collaboration with the Commission:
• TG78 - Informality and Emergence in Construction
• TG82 - Marketing in Construction
• TG84 - Construction Reform
A three year pattern of W065 meetings has been adopted:
• in year 1: W065 stream of events as part of the Triennial CIB World Building Congress
• in year 2: Triennial 0W65 Symposium
• in year 3: Possibilities for a variety of more focussed conferences arranged around topics and/or geographical areas.
• Proceedings from conferences
• Publication of a Research Roadmap on Organisation and Management of Construction
W065 has a facilitating rather than an administrative structure, typified by Cooperating CIB Task Groups that have been established through the Commission and temporary Project Groups. The Commission Members coordinating these Groups work with the W065 Coordinators, thus giving the commission an optimal vitality.
Building on the general voluntary basis of involvement by Commission Members, efforts are made to stimulate and support activities aimed at tangible joint outputs. A range of output mechanisms is offered to provide exposure for Members' work, including:
• CIB Commission Reports - strategic reviews, exemplars, state of the art, benchmarking, projects
• Conference Proceedings
• Linkage to relevant Refereed Journals.
W055 has a Liaison with the CIB Encouraged Journal "Construction Management & Economics"
Members of this Working Commission have to be either a Representative of a CIB Member Organisation or an Individual CIB Member.
|Edit date: 30-10-2017|