Information Technology for Construction
Objectives and Scopes:
In general the Commission will: organize meetings (physical or virtual) on regular basis; promote international collaboration, research and innovation within the scope of the Working Commission; provide a platform for exchange of ideas and results of research; produce tangible outputs in the form of proceedings and/or special publications like state of the art reports, roadmaps, etc.; interact with CIB Priority Themes and other relevant CIB Commissions as appropriate; provide regular reports about activities for publication in the CIB Newsletter and contribute to the tri-annual CIB World Building Congress.
The scope of W078’s work is broad in terms of the design, construction and occupation and occupancy of constructed facilities, but primarily it relates to the integration and communication of data, information and knowledge in the facility’s life cycle.
Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) are relevant to all aspects of the workplace and are seen as a major enabler of productivity improvement as well as more sophisticated and integrated design and construction. Against this background the Commission focuses on:
• Development and application of integrated IT throughout the life-cycle of the design, construction and occupancy of buildings and related facilities
• Demonstration of capabilities developed in collaborative research projects on Construction IT.
Current Work Programme:
W078 has the following projects in progress:
• Industry engagement. Information contact: Alain Zarli, CSTB, France and Prof Attila Dikbas, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey
• Women in Construction IT. Information Contact: Robert Armor
• Supporting young researchers. Information Contacts: Assist Prof Jakob Beetz, TUE, the Netherlands
• IDDS CIB Prioirity Theme engagement. Information Contact: Bob Owen, University of Salford, UK
• Papers to CIB Encouraged Journals, especially to the Electronic Journal on Information Technology for Construction - ITCon
• Publication of a Research Roadmap on Information Technology for Construction
• Publication proceedings of 2015 conference
The commission has a special collaboration with the CIB Encouraged Electronic Journal on Information Technology for Construction - ITCon. Information Contact: Prof Bo-Christer Bjork, Hanken University, Finland.
Members of this Working Commission are appointed Representatives of a CIB Member Organisation or an Individual CIB Member.
|Edit date: 13-02-2017|