Objectives and Scopes:
W086 is essentially concerned with learning from past and current building pathologies and encouraging the systematic application of that knowledge to the design, construction and management of buildings.
Against this background the objectives of W086 are:
• to produce information which will assist in the effective management of service loss
• to develop and evaluate methodologies for assessment of defects and failures and consequential service loss
• to propose methodologies for prevention and mitigation of building defects
• to analyze costs associated with building pathology
• to promulgate findings to all those involved in the production and management of buildings.
Current Work Programme:
The Commission initiated the following projects:
• Assembling the most relevant bibliography on Building pathology
• Collection and analysis of national case studies of construction defects and failures
• Development of a website that contains links to all relevant building pathology websites
• Development of a Building Pathology State-of-the-Art report.
• Commission related Website
• Publication of a Research Roadmap on Building Pathology
Members of this Working Commission have to be either a Representative of a CIB Member Organisation or an Individual CIB Member.
|Edit date: %29-%05-%2018|