Education in the Built Environment
Objectives and Scopes:
The Commission focusses on the broad discipline of the built environment and its constituent fields.
The Commission aims:
• to foster high quality academic debate about the way knowledge is generated, codified, taught and learnt
• to promote stronger links between research, scholarship, teaching and practice
• to promote the expansion of the international community of educators in the built environment
• to create and disseminate pedagogic knowledge throughout the community of educators and provide a stronger intellectual basis for practice
• to promote collaboration with other groupings of built environment educators.
The Commission will accomplish its objectives through:
• organising international symposia to facilitate debate and the advancement of knowledge
• promoting the publication of scholarly articles on education, pedagogy and educational technology, covering empirical pedagogical research, applied educational theory, and practice issues
• drawing from the international community of educators, examining social and cultural issues surrounding built environment education
• engaging with stakeholders to advance the aims of the commission.
Current Work Programme:
• Biannual conferences
• Joint project of CIB W089 and ASC on Higher education and professional accreditation worldwide
• Publication on Education and Accreditation worldwide
• Publication of a Research Roadmap on Education in the Built Environment
The Commission has a relationship with the CIB Encouraged Journal "Education in the Built Environment".
The Commission has established a cooperation with ASC - the USA based Associated Schools of Construction.
Members of this Working Commission have to be either a Representative of a CIB Member Organisation or an Individual CIB Member.
|Edit date: 24-04-2018|