Architectural Design and Management
Objectives and Scopes:
The Commission's Objectives are:
• to determine where information related to architectural management lies and the means of retrieval, with particular regard to user requirements
• to establish the most effective ways in which designers may meet client needs
• to improve communication between procurement and implementation of the design process in order that supply may accurately reflect demand
• to seek to translate user requirements into architectural concepts and provision of tools for implementation
• to promote excellence in architectural management, practice and design
• to encourage the integration of design values in design and delivery practices.
Current Work Programme:
The Commission has the following ongoing projects:
• External Communication, including the development of a W096 Home Page. information Contact: Dr. Ad den Otter
• Production of a research-based book about the Perspectives on Architectural Management by the Commission Members that is to reflect current developments in Architectural Management and to include case studies drawn from practice.
The Commission holds regular international conferences at which CIB Members, researchers and practitioners attend to share best practice. Conference papers are peer reviewed and published in edited proceedings. Events are usually held annually and often in conjunction with major CIB Symposia or in partnership with other CIB Commissions.
• publication of a Research Roadmap on Architectural Management
Dr Kihong Ku, Philadelphia University, USA, acts as the Commission Press Officer.
W096 has a relation with the following CIB Encouraged journals:
• Architectural Engineering and Design Management
• Engineering Construction and Architectural Management
• ArS - Architecture Science
Members of this Working Commission have to be either a Representative of a CIB Member Organisation or an Individual CIB Member.
|Edit date: 13-02-2017|