Safety Health & Wellbeing in Construction
Objectives and Scopes:
The Commission is committed to the advancement of safety and health of construction workers.
The tools necessary to accomplish this end include designing, preplanning, training, management commitment and the development of a safety culture.
A country’s involvement with construction safety is influenced by factors like: varying labour forces, shifting economies, insurance rates, legal ramifications and technological development.
Current Work Programme:
The Commission organises Triennial World Conferences plus Annual Regional Conferences which are focussed on topics of regional interest and which in principle are initiated by the respective Regional W099 Sub-Coordinators.
The Commission publishes an annual report with a re-refereed and re-edited collection of the best papers on Safety and Health on Construction Sites that are presented and discussed during its Commission Meetings and International Conferences. In addition the Commission is preparing for the production of IJCSH - The International Journal of Construction Safety and Health.
The Commission has the following ongoing projects:
• Study on Future Trends in Construction Safety. Project Coordinator: Dr. Wim Schaefer, Technical University Eindhoven, Netherlands
• Study on Comparability of Safety Performance related Data. Project Coordinator: Assoc.Prof. Marton Marossezeky, University of New South Wales, Australia
• Study on the Implementation of Health Aspects in Construction. Project Coordinator: Mr. Roto Pekka, Ministry of Social Affairs and Health, Finland
• Study on possibilities to integrate Quality Assurance Systems, Management of Safety and Health Issues and Management of Environmental Impacts from Construction. Project Coordinator: Prof.Dr. William Malloney, University of Kentucky, USA
• Study on Quality Assurance on Construction Sites. Project Coordinator: Assis.Prof. James Jenkins, Purdue University, USA
• Proceedings of conferences
• Publication of a Research Roadmap on Safety and Health in Construction
The activities and events of the Commission are facilitated by its Secretary: Prof. Jeffrey lew, Purdue University, USA
The Commission has appointed the following Regional Sub-Coordinators:
• Europe: Prof. Luís M. Alves Dias
• Africa: Mr. Theo Haupt, Peninsula Technikon, South Africa
• Asia: Assoc.Prof.Dr. Fang Dongping, Tsinghua University, China PR
• North America: Dr. Howard Bashford, Arizona State University, USA
The Commission established a working relationship with ILO - International Labour Organization
Members of this Working Commission have to be either a Representative of a CIB Member Organisation or an Individual CIB Member.
|Edit date: %24-%04-%2020|