Intelligent and Responsive Buildings
Objectives and Scopes:
The Commission aims:
• to provide an international forum for discussion and critique on research, development and design activities related to intelligent architecture, technologies, systems and materials and their integration within the design, construction, operation and management of buildings
• to initiate and encourage research and to develop an internationally accepted framework, methods for evaluating performance and quality and analysis tools in support of the design and construction and operation process of Intelligent and Responsive Buildings
• to form a theoretical basis for the design and development of an intelligent and responsive architecture through advanced and emerging intelligent materials and technologies in conjunction with design principles for comfort, productivity and performance
• to obtain, synthesise, publish and disseminate information which provides technical support on advanced materials, systems, tools and technologies for the design, construction, use, operation and management of Intelligent and Responsive Buildings.
Current Work Programme:
Integration and Indicators for and Measurement of - aspects of - Building Intelligence will be topics for seminars
• 2017: Publication of a Research Roadmap on Intelligent and Responsive Buildings
W098 activities are being coordinated with the CIBSE Intelligent Buildings Group.
The Commission has a cooperation with the CIB Encouraged Journal "Intelligent Buildings International" published by Earthscan.
Members of this Working Commission have to be either a Representative of a CIB Member Organisation or an Individual CIB Member.
|Edit date: 24-04-2018|