Culture in Construction
Objectives and Scopes:
The scope for this Commission reflects the array of important business concerns deriving directly from underpinning culture – organizational climate, ethics, corporate social responsibility (CSR) and organizational citizenship behavior (OCB). The construction industry itself as field of interest is considered on an international, national and local scales, focussing on the processes, (project-) experiences, and the parties involved. Given the dynamism, the scope is maintained under constant review.
Against this background the objectives of W112 are:
• to continue to research National Cultures and Organizational Cultures relating to construction worldwide to maintain and extend the ‘Inventory of Culture in Construction’
• to extend the methods of research employed to encompass more longitudinal approaches to enable evolutional aspects of culture to be included in investigations
• to research into the related cultural topics of organizational climate, ethics, CSR, and OCB; and other related topics to provide a more comprehensive understanding of culture and its consequences
• to enhance relationships with other CIB Commissions, and beyond, to disseminate findings and stimulate further collaborations and investigations.
Current Work Programme:
• Publication of a Research Roadmap on Culture in Construction
It is envisaged that local and topic orientated groups will be established to undertake various aspects of the programme of research, the findings of which can be considered both individually and collectively.
Members of this CIB Working Commission will be Individual CIB Members or appointed representatives of CIB Organisational Members.
The Commission was established in March 2006 as the successor to the former CIB Task Group TG23 that had the same title.
|Edit date: %08-%10-%2018|