Open Building Implementation
Objectives and Scopes:
Open Building relates to a number of different but related ideas about the making of environment, for instance the ideas:
• of distinct Levels of intervention in the built environment, such as those represented by urban design and architecture;
• that users / inhabitants may make design decisions as well as professionals;
• that, more generally, designing is a process with multiple participants also including different kinds of professionals;
• that the interface between technical systems allows the replacement of one system with another performing the same function
CIB W104 seeks to formulate theories about the built environment and to develop methods of design and building construction compatible with the Open Building Implementation concept.
Against above background the three basic objectives of the Commission are:
• to increase awareness of the principles of Open Building among professionals who shape the built environment, and among the people who live in that built environment.
• to support initiatives at national, regional and local levels that improve the efficacy of building construction and facility adaptation following Open Building methods.
• to be a platform for research and information dissemination among professionals committed to improving Open Building practices and methods.
Current Work Programme:
W104 Work Programme includes the following activities:
• Annual international conferences with published proceedings of peer reviewed papers
• Joint meetings with other CIB Commissions and affiliated local research units
• New initiatives with a focus on Open Building in the Health Care Sector
• Workshops on Education for an Open Architecture
• International student competition on Open Building.
• Book in English and Chinese on: Open Building: An international movement
• Publication of a Research Roadmap on Open Building Implementation
The Commission has a relationship with the CIB Encouraged Journal OHI - Open House International
Members of this CIB Working Commission have to be either a Representative of a CIB Member Organisation or an Individual CIB Member.
|Edit date: 08-10-2018|