Water Supply and Drainage
Objectives and Scopes:
The Objectives of the Commission are:
• to report on research results, industrial developments and standardisation progress
• to stimulate concerted research actions between different research teams
• to coordinate the drafting of "states-of-the-art" for selected topics
• to draw up inventories of research and bibliographic lists
The Commission's Scope includes:
• Water supply systems and drinking water treatment (softening, heating etc.) inside buildings
• Water (waste and rainwater) drainage systems in buildings and individual waste water treatment
Current Work Programme:
Annual seminars are organised by a Planning Group chaired by the Coordinators. Following each seminar a plenary Commission Meeting is held.
Topics addressed in the Work Programme are:
• Hydraulics related to pressure piping and gravity drainage (including rainwater drainage)
• Calculation and lay-out methodologies: peak flow calculation etc.
• Materials behaviour: pathology (corrosion), use of plastic pipes etc.
• Maintenance and renovation
• Economy of resources: water conservation, recycling of water, hot water production and distribution etc.
• Environmental aspects: individual waste water treatment
• Health and safety: water quality at tap, Legionella etc.
• Testing of piping installations and sanitary appliances (WC's etc.)
• New product developments
• Implementation of research results in standards and regulations
• Information and electronics in plumbing systems: leak detection, domotics etc.
• Proceedings from annual symposia
• 2019: Publication of a Research Roadmap on Water Supply and Drainage
Members of this Working Commission have to be either a representative of a CIB Member Organisation or an Individual CIB Member.
|Edit date: 10-07-2018|