Usability of Workplaces
Objectives and Scopes:
Within the scope of the commission there is a focus on the concept of usability of workplaces, as applied in a range of building types, including commercial buildings and buildings for healthcare and education.
Research themes within this scope include:
• Usability concepts, tools and methods
• Economy, efficiency and effectiveness
• Context, culture, situation, performance, experience.
The Commission's objectives are:
• to conduct a series of case studies and associated workshops, involving users, practitioners and researchers in a programme of action research
• to develop concepts of usability for application in practice
• to promote, develop and share methods, processes and techniques for the evaluation of the built environment in use.
Current Work Programme:
The following presents the Workplan of the commission for the years 2006-2008:
• further round of collaborative case studies and workshops
• annual symposium to consider and discuss results of usability case studies
• dissemination and publication.
• Publication of a Research Roadmap on Usability of Workplaces
The Commission will seek to develop active, working relationships with other key groupings and associations directly involved in similar, relevant research, including:
• European Facility Management Network (EuroFM)
• International Facility Management Association (IFMA)
• CoreNet Global
• International Faculty of Facilities Management (IFFM)
Members of the Working Commission are appointed representatives of CIB Member Organisations or Individual CIB Members. A condition for such commission membership is the willingness and ability to conduct a case study in the respective commission format and together with industrial partners and host a workshop.
This Commission was established in March 2006 as the successor of the former CIB Task Group TG51 - Usability of Workplaces
|Edit date: %14-%02-%2017|