Performance Measurement in Construction
Objectives and Scopes:
The need to understand and appropriately benchmark and use performance data, together with the consequences of non and inappropriate use are essential for the development of the construction industry worldwide. Against this background the commission's objectives are:
• to explore the optimal uses of performance information in the built environment
• to create a worldwide resource center of knowledge of proven methods for implementing and sustaining performance metrics in an organization or in the industry
• to develop performance measurements as appropriate for different countries by engaging researchers and practitioners worldwide
• to support researchers, scholars and practitioners and like-minded individuals and organizations in their quest to improve their understanding and awareness of Benchmarking Construction Performance Data.
Current Work Programme:
Programme activities for the immediate future include:
• to develop a living online database of performance metrics, methodologies and results
• to strengthen and improve the CIB Encouraged Journal for the Advancement of Performance Information and Value, in terms of its wider appeal, content and quality.
• to host regular international conferences in the area of Benchmarking Construction Performance Data.
• 2016: Publication of a Research Roadmap on Performance Measurement in Construction
The commission's programme of activities is facilitated by its Scientific Secretary of Research: Jacob Kashiwagi, Arizona State University
Members of this Working Commission will be Individual CIB Members or appointed representatives of CIB Organisational Members.
The Working Commission was established in January 2009 as successor to the former CIB Task Group TG61 on Benchmarking Construction Performance Data.
|Edit date: 24-04-2018|