Clients and Users in Construction
Objectives and Scopes:
Clients and users play a significant role in shaping construction and real estate. Getting ga better grasp of their aspirations, needs and behavior will open up new and important roads for the industry to deliver more value for money. Against this background the aim of the Commission is:
• to bring together the experience and expertise of researchers and practitioners
• to develop, share and disseminate appropriate research theories and practices for successful client management of procurement and innovation
• to encourage and facilitate new collaborative and multi-disciplinary research both within and outside of CIB.
The Commissions will define what constitutes Clients and users in Construction, will identify appropriate procurement and management strategies, will classify methods for engaging users in decision making processes and will develop appropriate related guidance material for clients and users.
Current Work Programme:
The commission's programme objectives for the first three-year period 2014 - 2016 are:
• to revise the commission's research agenda and road map
• to establish an interactive virtual community
• to establish a researchers' network
• to publish a book on clients' agency, governance ad dinnovagtion.
• Launch of a designated website and weblogs in support of a virtual community
• Publication of a book on cleint and users
The daily business of the Commission is managed by the two Coordinators. Work programme, plans for future conferences etc. are decided at annual commission meetings, which are held in conjunction with research conferences.
The Commission will arrange one or two physical meetings each year and will continue to develop a series of international workshops and conferences,oreferably in cooperation with other CIB Commissions.
In addition the Commission wil arrange regular web-based meetings
The Commission collaborates with CREON - the Nordic network of construction researchers on economics and organization in Building and Construction.
Members of this Working Commission will be Individual CIB Members or appointed representatives of CIB Organisational Members.
The Working Commission was established in October 2010 as successor to the former CIB Priority Theme "Clients and Users in Construction".
|Edit date: %10-%07-%2018|