e-Business in Construction
Objectives and Scopes:
ICT facilitated collaborative practices in Construction, such as e-businesses, are gaining momentum. In order for the various stakeholders to gain mutual benefits from enhanced knowledge sharing appropriate technologies and social systems need to be embedded within the collaborative processes. Especially next generation web technologies offer the potential for the construction industry to take its current technological perspective towards a knowledge-based one. Against this background the Task Group objective are:
• to conduct joint research with interested parties
• appraise and promote the use of state of the art web-based technologies for collaboration and e-business in construction
• provide a forum for discussion, debate and evaluation of technologies, research and concepts in the area.
Current Work Programme:
The Task Group will achieve:
• to engage in networking with members having common interests in the area of e-Business in Construction
• to conduct interviews and questionnaire surveys to determine the State-of-Art with regard to e-Business in Construction
• to address the gap in knowledge by putting together an a=edited book in the area of e-Business in Construction.
The Work Programme is coordinated by the Task Group Coordination Team. Members of this team include the Task Group Coordinators and are:
• Prof. Bingu Ingirige, Uni of Huddersfield, UK
• Prof Srinath Perera, Western Sydney Uni, Australia
• Dr Kirti Ruikar, Loughborough Uni, UK
The Task Group will operated in close cooperation with CIB Commission W102 on Information and Knowledge Management in Building.
Members of the Task Group are appointed representatives of CIB Member Organisations or Individual CIB Members
The Task Group was established in March 2011 with an initial mandate until the end of 2013, which has been extended until the middle of 2016
|Edit date: 10-07-2018|