Objectives and Scopes:
Innovation in the form of Smart City Solutions can deliver technologies, products and services that meet the dual challenge of reducing greenhouse gas emissions and delivering more efficient services. The rapid development of IT, new technologies for local small scale energy production and new transport solutions are key enablers for cities becoming more resource efficient and at the same time being better able to meet the users' needs. The built environment, i.e. buildings, transport an utility networks, require a reshaping to make better use of technology opportunities. Against this background the Task Group objectives are:
• to analyze the state-of-development on Smart City solutions and to select the most suitable cases
• to develop the CIB community's collection of Smart City solutions and to present how these can be scaled and replicated elsewhere.
Current Work Programme:
Components of the Task Group's Work Programme for the period 2016 - 2019 are:
• analysis of current Smart City solutions and a reflection in respect of the Smart Cities Roadmap (see Realized Publications)
• development of the holistic content of good examples in different geographical, social, cultural, climatic and economic regions in the world
• consultation of international experts and stakeholders in webinars
• development and publication of a collection of global Smart City solutions based on the Smart Cities Roadmap.
• 2019: Publication of zsmart city solutions
The Task group aims to establish a relationship with:
• European Innovation Partnership on Smart Cities and Communities
• EERA Smart City.
Task Group Members are to be Individual Members of CIB or appointed representatives of CIB Organizational Members
The Task Group was established in December 2013 and had an initial mandate until the middle of 2015 that has been extended until the middle of 2019
|Edit date: 10-07-2018|