Construction Mediation Practice
Objectives and Scopes:
The value of Mediation in Construction has been widely acknowledged, as evidenced by the continued and dramatic expansion of Mediation in Construction industries across many common en civil law countries. Mediation developments are taking place rapidly, with different modes of implementation in different countries and in some cases with substantially different legal frameworks. In the research community relatively little is known on the potential scope, purposes and practices of court-connected Construction Mediation. Against this background the objectives of this Task Group are:
• to develop a thriving international research community related to the legal perspectives on Construction Mediation Practice
• to generate an international state-of-the-art review that sheds light on how court-connection and lawyers' perspectives have shaped court-connected Construction Mediation Practice
• to produce and publish a Construction mediation Research Roadmap.
Within the broader context of Construction Mediation especially the following themes will be explored:
• diversity of mediation theory and the dilemma of court-connected Construction Mediation
• program characteristics of court-connected Construction Mediation
• roles of participants in court-connected Construction Mediation
• lawyers' perspectives of the goals of court-connected Construction Mediation.
Current Work Programme:
The Task Group Work Program includes:
• regular face-to-face meetings in conjunction with meetings of CIB Conferences and of CIB Commission W113 - Legal and Dispute Resolution, plus online Task Group meetings
• establishment of an online discussion forum for the sharing of knowledge and information and as basis for the development of a virtual community of Construction Mediation practitioners, academics and researchers
• preparation and collection of research on Construction Mediation Practice
• production and publication of a Construction Mediation Research Roadmap.
Members of the Task Group are to be Individual Members or appointed Representatives of CIB Organizational Members.
The Task Group was established in December 2013 as successor to the former Task Group TG68 - Construction Mediation, and has a mandated until the middle of 2016
|Edit date: 10-07-2018|