Information Integration in Construction
Objectives and Scopes:
The Task Group would focus on addressing the need for:
• efficient knowledge creation, preservation and integration across the life cycle of constructed facilities
• relevant, reliable, interoperable and long-lasting data and information gathering and analysis
• monitoring and feedback from end-users into the different stages of design, construction and asset management of buildings and infrastructure.
This will create a more effective and reflective industry and deliver benefits to public and private asset owners.
The scope of the Task Group is limited to the housing, building and infrastructure design, construction and asset management sectors. The potential to translate findings into other sectors will be of particular interest to government agencies and firms making significant investments in knowledge and information systems integration for whole-of-life asset management. Examples may include manufacturing and equipment supply systems. This will be achieved through analysis at the level of the project, firm and industry, brought together through assimilating buildings and infrastructure case studies across the international industry research partners. In particular, it is envisaged the Task Group's efforts contribute to more appropriate procurement models, including contractual frameworks, project team composition and governance, and information architecture and use.
Current Work Programme:
The Task Group Work Programme includes:
• conduct industry-focussed international case studies
• develop procurement guidelines
• develop a research roadmap
In addition to annual real meetings the Task Group will have regular online meetings in support of the production of its planned output.
• 2015: Task group designated website
• 2015: Publication book "Delivering Value with BIM Whole-of-life Approach”"
• 2016: publication of an industry-focussed CIB report on knowledge and information integration strategies for whole-life asset management
• 2017: publication of an industry-focussed CIB book on knowledge and information integration strategies for whole-life asset management
• 2017: publication of a research roadmap on Information Integration in Construction.
Members of the Task Group have to be either Individual Member of CIB or appointed representative of a CIB Organisational Member.
The Task Group has been established in October 2014 and has an extended mandate until the end of 2019.
|Edit date: %15-%01-%2019|