Objectives and Scopes:
The precursor of this Commission CIB TG74 produced a Research Roadmap for Offsite Construction that emphasized the need for work in such areas as: Design / Construction / Manufacturing, with specific emphasis on ICT integrated solutions, socio-economic drivers, identifiable costs and value streams, including the need for skill development to support the concept of Offsite Construction. One of the main challenges highlighted for integration, particularly in aspects relating to the Design, Construction and Manufacturing Industries, to enable process innovation in Offsite Construction, which will be the prime focus of the Commission in the 2016 - 2019 period.
Against this background, within the scope of the Commission the focus will be on: Process improvement, Innovation, Visualization, Process models, Strategic and operational business models, Training and development.
Current Work Programme:
Main program objectives for the period 2016 - 2019 are:
• to establish a community of researchers and practitioners and in particular to promote CIB's work in this area with early career researchers and doctoral students
• to organize a series of developmental (sessions within) conferences, to run special issues in leading international journals and to organize a series of designated CIB Innovation Webinars
• to develop a research strategy to address theories relating to process innovation for Offsite Construction and to develop a Research Roadmap addressing strategies, theories and as quick wins
• 2016 - 2018: one or two annual CIB Innovation Webinars
• 2017: planning of designated sessions in future conferences
• 2017 - 2018: one annual special journal issue
• 2018: hosting of one or two high-impact workshops
• 2019: publication of a Research Roadmap on Offsite Construction Process Innovation, with a launch at the 21st CIB World Building Congress
The work of this Commission is facilitated by its Scientific Officer: Dr Farzad Pour Rahimian, Strathclyde University, UK
Members of the Commission are appointed representatives of CIB Member Organisations or Individual CIB Members.
This Commission was established in October 2017 as successor to the former Task Group TG74 - New Production and Business Models in Construction.
|Edit date: %24-%04-%2018|