Accelerating Innovation in Construction
Objectives and Scopes:
Efforts to transform the Building and Construction Industry to a “smart industry” are expected to shift focus from the physical structure to the intelligent systems and tools that create, operate and control the built environment. This shift will bring about greater opportunities for interface with other industries, such as manufacturing and information technology industries.
The Task Group promotes an agenda that focuses on increasing the pace of innovation in Building and Construction, through examining the different theories and techniques that enable construction firms and projects to deliver innovation quicker.
Against above background the Task Group Objectives are:
• to create a research network and a forum that is focused on the agenda of accelerating innovation in Building and Construction, while also interacting with other industries
• to evaluate the links between innovation theories and good practices in delivering accelerated innovation across the various industries and developing best practice case studies
• to identify research priorities and opportunities to form research groups to target funding opportunities
• to disseminate research findings to promote a wider membership and engage key stakeholders in the construction industry through international conferences, workshops, seminars, journals’ special issues, etc.
The Task Group will address the issue at an international level to identify new theoretical frameworks and develop concepts that builds the research foundation that will enable the investigations of the different aspects and dimensions of this issue. In particular the Task Group will focus on the delivery of innovation to enhance the digital transformation of the construction industry and promote learning across sectors.
Current Work Programme:
The Task Group will have annual meetings in cooperation with CIB Commission W065 - Organisation and Management of Construction.
In addition the Task Group will have online meetings and will create a LinkedIn group as to facilitate networking, to promote research and to disseminate resarch outcomes in the area.
* Conference Proceedings
* 2020: Publication State-of-the-Art Report
* 2020: Publication of a CIB Research Roadmap on Accelerating Innovation in Construction
Members of the Task Group are CIB Individual Members or appointed representatives of CIB Full or Associate Members. The Task Group will invite guest of researchers in other sectors to contribute to specific program activities.
The Task Group was established in January 2019 and has a mandate until the end of 2021.
|Edit date: %28-%01-%2019|