Objectives and Scopes:
The realization of zero (or near zero) energy settlements requires the development and implementation of comprehensive and at the same time affordable and sustainable new technologies and practices, also under the consideration of the optimization of offside production and onsite assembly activities. Based on this background the Commission's objectives are:
• to identify and develop research and industry practices that focus on integrated methods that enable innovative solutions for zero energy buildings and settlements
• to stimulate international cooperation and information dissemination in support of technology deployment for zero energy buildings and settlements.
Areas of attention within the Commission scope, as related to the processes of planning, design, construction and use of zero energy buildings and settlements, include: policies on zero energy buildings and settlements, design methodologies, advanced customized building production, assembly and maintenance methods, IT integrated Sustainable Construction and business models for the realization and use of zero energy buildings and settlement.
As concerns the buildings and settlements themselves areas of attention include: energy harvesting systems, ambient assisted living technologies, building monitoring and control systems, closed loop recycling of systems and components and smart grid system integration.
Current Work Programme:
The Commission's work program includes:
• anual international workshops
• publications that are the be presented at the 2019 CIB World Building Congress
• 2016: establishment of a designated Commission website
• annual workshops in conjunction with CIB and IAARC conferences, with a final workshop in 2019 as part of the CIB World Building Congress
• 2019: Publication of a handbook on Building Zero Energy Settlements
• 2019: Publication of a Research Roadmap on Building Zero Energy Settlements
The Commission aims for a cooperation with the EU funded Horizon 2020 projects: BERTIM and Zero-Plus
Members of this Commission have to be either an appointed representative of a CIB Member Organisation or an Individual CIB Member.
The Commission was established in February 2016 and has a mandate until the middle of 2019
|Edit date: 10-07-2018|