|Rethinking and Revitalizing Construction Safety, Health, Environment and Quality|
|Edit date: 14-09-2011|
Proceedings of W099 4th Triennial International Conference: Rethinking and Revitalizing Construction Safety, Health, Environment and Quality, organized under the auspices of the International Council for Research and Innovation in Building and Construction (CIB) in partnership with the Institute for the Study of Construction Processes (ISCP) at the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, the Southern African Built Environment Research Center (SABERC) at the Cape Peninsula University of Technology and Construction Research Education and Training Enterprises (CREATE), is
the fourth of its kind but the first ever in South Africa and provides an International forum for researchers and practitioners from developed, developing and underdeveloped nations to address fundamental problems
and constraints that affect the successful implementation of construction safety, health, environment and quality.
The broad objectives of the conference are:
• To ascertain the challenges that the present status of safety, health and quality pose to the construction industry in countries at various stages of development;
• To discuss how construction industries, enterprises, and individual practitioners can meet these challenges;
• To identify priority areas for research and policy initiatives;
• To consider appropriate international and national programs and strategies;
• To foster, encourage and promote collaborative research and development in the application of integrated construction safety, health and quality throughout the life-cycle of the design, construction, occupancy and eventual demolition of buildings and related facilities;
• To organize international cooperation in such activities; and
• To promote the communication of these activities and their results.
The conference therefore brings together in a single forum researchers, academics, administrators and practitioners representing educational institutions, government agencies, contracting organizations, consulting enterprises, financial institutions, and other construction related organizations from all over the world.
|You can order a hard copy (if available) from firstname.lastname@example.org|